Many disputes between employees and employers can be addressed through intervention from trained HR specialists. But sometimes the issue is more complicated, and you may think that the attorney is your only next step. Before you make that call, consider using the mediation services of the Dispute Resolution Center of West Michigan.
Mediation is a process of discussion facilitated by a trained peacemaker, or mediator, and conducted in a neutral environment. We don’t provide answers. We don’t dictate decisions. But we do facilitate a voluntary process that restores communication so people can solve their own problems and make peace with each other. Why might you want to consider mediation?
- Restores communication. We help both parties listen and respond to each other in a constructive way.
- Inspires trust. It is a fair process, conducted in a neutral environment. Both sides are allowed to share their viewpoint.
- Helps you develop your own solutions. We don’t give you answers. We help you find answers together.
- Does not have to involve attorneys. Mediation is a non-adversarial alternative to resolve problems.
- Is flexible. Our services are available to you whenever you need them.
- Is cost-effective. Most issues are resolved in one meeting of 1-2 hours. Our rate is $100/party per session, with a 10% discount for nonprofits.
Mediators are highly trained. Each of our volunteers has completed extensive training in the process of mediation.
We can help you mediate employee grievances, coworker conflicts, discrimination complaints, contract disputes, consumer-merchant disputes, and many other types of issues. We invite you to consider mediation the next time you encounter a difficult situation. We will help you collaborate on a solution, preserve your employee relationship, and avoid legal expense.