Peaceful communities are places where people want to live and work. They are secure places to raise children. They are cooperative places capable of great things. And they can only be built by people who understand how to communicate and resolve their differences.
The Dispute Resolution Center of West Michigan helps people weave a strong fabric of community that brings peace and joy to life.
Our continued success and the continued growth of our program depend on contributions from people just like you. You can help by:
- Volunteering as a mediator;
- Making a financial donation or pledge;
- Volunteering to join or assist a committee.
How your dollars will go to work:
- $25.00 covers the mediation fee for a low-income party in a landlord/tenant or neighbor dispute;
- $50.00 covers the mediation fee for a low-income party in a court-ordered district court case;
- $100.00 provides youth students with a restorative justice facilitator for a half day to help manage conflicts and avoid suspensions;
- $600.00 will pay for three parenting-time or eldercare mediations;
- $750.00 covers mediator training for one individual;
- $5,000.00 compensates for the training of 30 new mediators as restorative justice facilitators.
Thank you for your generous support.